Wednesday, August 01, 2012

real salads include steak

For dinner last night, we had a steak salad, loosely based on this recipe I found on the Pioneer Woman's blog.  Do you know the Pioneer Woman?  I am just getting acquainted, but feel we could be true friends.  She talks about food in a way that makes you want to get up and run to the kitchen immediately. 

I'd never eaten crispy fried onion straws on a salad before and now I am forever changed.  Dinner left me asking myself the big questions in life: Why don't I fry more things?  Why aren't more fried foods served on salad?  How soon is too soon to eat this again? 

After dinner, I taught my last session of summer sewing classes.  It was so much fun.  Everyone finished their projects and then, in a last minute whirlwind of "I just can't let you leave without this knowledge", I taught them how to make gathers, hem a skirt, use seam sealant, and cut bias tape. 

Then I made everyone hold up their projects while I snapped pictures.  And yes, that is a part of the class, if you're thinking about taking one in the future. 

I'm glad to have my dining room back, but I know I'll be a little sad when nobody shows up next Tuesday. 

Both my sofa and my sewing table are covered with fabric right now.  When I get new fabric, I like to lay it around and look at it for a bit.  Usually, I already know what I'm going to make with it, but sometimes I get inspired with a new idea.  Come on back Friday and I'll show you what I'm working with. 

4 comments:

  1. We like to eat Thai beef waterfall salad in the summer, and I usually grill a steak for the beef. And I just discovered Pioneer Woman too. I love her Q&As!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just watched my first episode of her food network show the other night and loved it! Starting Sept. 4. she has all new shows airing. Can't wait to see them!
    How proud you must feel seeing the beautiful projects the ladies sewed! They are beautiful!
    Love you,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to eat the steak salad. Thank you very much:). Looks like your sewing class was a huge success!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover