Friday, August 03, 2012

the summit

Well, we made it to another Friday, didn't we?  Some weeks, Friday shows up and I'm excited and all, but in a fairly normal way.  Other weeks, I equate making it to Friday with climbing Mount Everest- if I can just claw my way towards it and not look back, I'm sure the end will be just over the next ridge. 

This was sort of an "Everest" week. 

Which I'm sure will make the weekend even sweeter.  I'm dreaming of cooking a leisurely breakfast with Steve on Saturday, spending some time outside, and getting lost in my new cookbook. 

This cookbook is so amazing that it will need its own blog post, but for now I will just say that I took it to bed last night to read and also snuck in a few minutes over lunch today.  Is it weird to read cookbooks while you eat?  I'm choosing to think no. 

I'm loaded up with new scarf fabric over here and, as usual, want to keep one of each for myself.  It's hard to believe I'm making scarves when it's this hot, but we've got a big Labor Day sale in Virginia we're preparing for and September in the mountains is time for scarves. 

Do you have anything fun planned this weekend?  August is shaping up to be a doozie of a month and I'm glad to have a slow-ish weekend to gear up for it!





No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover