Wednesday, August 15, 2012

fun to eat

A while back, while we were in Virginia, we stumbled across some dark chocolate peanut butter.  And by "stumbled", I mean that I was at the local Kroger (I miss you, Kroger!) looking for peanut butter and saw the dark chocolate kind and went running to find Steve to ask if we could please, please get it. 

So we did, and we ate it with apples and ginger snaps and just off of a spoon, if we had to, and then we left the jar with my mom who loved it as much as we did. 

Once we were home, I set out to find the magical peanut butter once again.  I finally hit the jackpot last week at Target.  Way to go, Target!  (Apparently this is a day where I speak to stores as if they were people.  Just go with it.)  I got some more dark chocolate and also picked up a jar of the white chocolate, which came highly recommended. 

It is so, so good.  It's all natural and there's not even that much sugar in it.  I have stirred it into my yogurt for a swoon-worthy treat.  I can't even pick a favorite flavor because they are both so satisfying. 

Peanut Butter & Co. is a sandwich shop in New York that makes, among other things, wonderful peanut butter.  Their website lists at least four other flavors I'd like to try (Christmas gift idea, anyone?).  At first, I thought that the packaging was a little cheesy.  It says things like "try me with bananas" and "fun to eat".  But the other day, as I happily munched on my apple slice with a bit of heaven on it, I thought to myself, "It's true- it really is fun to eat..."

Well, enough about peanut butter- on to other important things.  Like how sometimes Steve brings the Wall Street Journal home from work and we sit on the sofa and read the paper together in the evening.  Like two old men. 

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad Target had both peanut butters for you. Kroger also carries one with honey. I haven't tried that one yet.
    Can't wait to see you.
    Love you

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover