Wednesday, August 08, 2012

Rumpelstiltskin

Recently, I felt like Rumpelstiltskin.  Does that ever happen to you? 

You know- you're sitting in your sewing chair with the machine whirring along and three big spools of gold thread whipping around in circles and all of a sudden you think "I'm spinning gold!". 

No?  Just me? 

At first, I thought that I may be Rapunzel, but after mulling that over for a few minutes I realized that she's the one with the hair.  I'm sure they get mistaken for each other a lot though, what with the tricky "R" names. 

I've got sewing on the brain, pretty much all the time these days (except for when I'm mixing up fairy tale characters).  I talked to my sister on the phone this morning for at least 30 straight minutes about nothing but business until I finally realized what I was doing, apologized, and asked what was new with her. 

When Steve gets home from work, I try to give him a few minutes of down time before I explode with questions and new ideas and things I need his help with.  Mostly involving fabric design, these days.  You can see one of our Charlotte themed designs in the picture above- super exciting! 

I made some headway on the 100 handle goal yesterday- I finished 33 before I ran out of both wool and gray thread and my neck was stuck at a weird angle.  Today will be spent restocking supplies and plowing onward.  I'm also trying my very first recipe from the new cookbook.  I'll do a full book review on Friday, so stop in if you like that sort of thing. 

2 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover