Monday, August 13, 2012

peace in my heart, peace in my soul

Happy Monday, friends!  Did you have a nice weekend?  We sure did. 

We ate delicious meals- with friends, at restaurants, and, once, out of the back of the car like we were tailgating. 

There was a brief moment on Saturday when I lost track of time.  Does that ever happen to you?  I don't mean like you thought it was only 3pm and really it's closer to 5, I'm talking serious time.  Years, even.  We were in the car with the music cranked up and I was surrounded by people who have been a part of my life for years.  Years upon years.  And, for just a second, it was unclear to me if I was 18 or 32 or somewhere in between.  It didn't matter.  It never does, with them.  The years bring marriage and relocation and babies and job change and our friendship just grows sweeter. 

Yesterday, Steve and I were discussing kindness and we were talking about how nobody ever looks back and says, "I wish I'd been less kind."  I've been mulling it over today and thinking how that principle applies to so many things- generosity, patience, honesty.  I want the peace that comes with treating others well.   

It's been a peaceful day around the home front- lots of laundry, plus nine checkbook covers, five market totes, several yards of fabric ribbon and fish tacos on the menu for dinner.  I can't wait for my dinner partner to get home!      

2 comments:

  1. What an incredibly beautiful couple you are... both inside and out!
    I love you both so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I keep thinking about you because I have this adorable student who I swear looks exactly like you. If I could legally take a picture of her and share it with you I would. I've even accidentally called her Lauren, and she later told me that she's been mistaken for a Lauren before! So if you were looking for a 15-year-old version of yourself out there in the world, I found her!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover