Monday, October 01, 2012

happy October

Happy October, friends!  There is a steady downpour outside my window this morning and I am cuddled up in long sleeves with a mug of mint tea.  The perfect fall Monday morning, if you ask me.

Our weekend was jam-action-packed and I feel great about all we accomplished.  We like to cook dinner together on the weekends, so Saturday night we made sliders and sweet potato fries.  We pulled out the meat grinder, which hasn't gotten much use lately, and had a great time. 

I made a blue cheese sauce for the burgers that ended up also being a delicious dip for the fries.  I love it when that happens. 

We're working on a garage workbench project that Steve dreamed up, so of course we loaded down the car with 200 pounds of lumber.  Who needs a truck when you have an Altima? 

Sunday was sunny and gorgeous, so in between errands, we squeaked in a few product pictures at one of our favorite spots. 

One of the items we were photographing is this fancy Charlotte tote that is finally for sale in the shop!  I'm so excited to have these totes up in time for Christmas shopping because I think they'd make such great gifts.  For anyone who lives in Charlotte, used to live in Charlotte, wishes they lived in Charlotte... you get the picture.  And since I designed the fabric myself, whoever you give it to is guaranteed to never have seen it before! (Unless they happened to be one of the few people eyeballing us as they walked around the courtyard where we were shooting these photos). 

I've turned on all the lamps and am trying to be super productive on this rainy day, when really all I want to do is curl up with a book.  Hopefully the lure of my lovely, almost complete sewing space will be enough to keep me going! 

1 comment:

  1. Love your new header picture and anything mini. Looks like you had a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover