Monday, October 15, 2012

the comfort of fall

Good morning, friends!  How was your weekend? 
 
Ours was great.  We did a ton of fall yard chores on Saturday and it felt so good to be out in the sunshine.  Time spent outdoors in the fall feels extra precious because I know that it won't be long before it gets cold. 

Yesterday, we met some friends for a picnic and then took a short hike.  It was the best kind of afternoon.  Fall makes me feel optimistic.

And with that, I have a confession to make: sometimes summer makes me really nervous.  I know, weird, right?  But for some reason, I feel like bad/tragic things happen when it's really hot outside.  At the end of every summer, I let out a sigh of relief like, "well, we made it through another one".  Kind of like how the elderly feel about winter, I imagine. 

Anyway, fall feels good to me.  Today is cloudy and we've already had a thunderstorm.  I'm burning one of our new fall candles and settling in to work on my list of custom orders.  I'm wearing my slippers and thinking about how nice a cup of tea would be. 

Hope you're enjoying fall right where you are too. 





No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover