Wednesday, July 06, 2011

butterfly afternoon

Every time we're here, I waver between being delighted that a yard could be so lovely and being disappointed that mine doesn't look like this. 

But it's always good to have something to strive for. 

The nice thing about a long weekend is the opportunity to do a bit more visiting than usual.  We spent a pleasant afternoon on the deck at my best friend's childhood home.  The kids splashed in the pool and we lounged in the chairs and the day slid by quicker than I wanted it to. 

We munched on blueberries right off the bush.  I can't wait to be eating my very own pink blueberries next year! 

This kid just gets more lovable every time I see her.  What an angel.  And I can't believe she's almost one- I can remember so clearly when she was born


All in all, the afternoon was much like the double butterflies that Steve caught in this picture: rare, fleeting, beautiful.  I can't wait to go back. 

1 comment:

  1. Makes me smile and you always capture the CUTEST pics of Rosebud. Love you more than life! xoxo

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover