Friday, July 22, 2011

what I produced this week


I love it when I get to the end of the week and have something to show for my time.  This week, aside from painting the coffee table, I also made a new day bag for the shop and baked some delicious bread. 


This was my first time using bread flour instead of all-purpose flour and I could definitely tell the difference.  I read that bread flour has a higher protein content and yields a chewier bread and crisper crust.  It's true.  I don't think I could go back, now that I've experienced the chewy and the crispy. 


I'm excited about the new day bag and can't wait to get some more pictures of it.  I love this pattern and like to keep at least one in the shop at all times.  The size of this bag makes it great for showcasing fabric with a large print- you may recognize this one from here.   The interior is a lovely rosy pink and the bottom is a sturdy black canvas, meaning it can stand up to whatever floor you choose to set it on. 


I keep thinking that I will make a mini version of the day bag- a 9 hour bag, perhaps?- but then every time I remember how nice it is to be able to fit every single thing I need in that one bag and not feel like it's overflowing.  It's also a great size for books and notebooks- I don't like it when they poke out the top.  As you can see, I have very specific bag needs.  I like to think that most people do. 


I am spending today mostly in the kitchen, where I will be making granola and mint tea and lots of other treats for the bridal shower that is taking place, right here, tomorrow morning.  And there's a good chance I'll be snacking on these blackberries while I'm in there.  I love berries that still have a few stems left on them. 

Hope your weekend is super summery!  We're planning a pool day for Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover