Friday, July 29, 2011

best life


Yesterday, during our lunchtime phone call, Steve asked what I was doing for the rest of the day. 

I said, "Making a chocolate pie and sewing a birthday dress for Rose."

Then I realized that I have the best life.


Do you ever do that?  Do you ever find yourself doing something so simple and mundane and then it hits you that you love this?  That you are absolutely crazy for baking pies or sewing or gardening or whatever it is for you. 


I'm trying to do it more.  Trying not to get caught up in the busyness of every day so much that I can't appreciate the small blessings.


Like Steve and I playing old school battleship on paper the other night and having so much fun that we stayed up past our bedtime.

Like an unexpected phone call from my best friend, where we got to talk for a whole hour, uninterrupted. 

Like the quiet in the house during the day so that I can hear every bird and cicada while I work.


Like a weekend, stretching out in front of me, full of sunshine and Steve and chocolate pie. 

See you Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover