Friday, June 03, 2011

scenes from a Friday

Remember these guys?  They are now spending their days serenading us with loud chirps and waiting for mom and dad to get back with the food.  I think it's a good thing there were just two of them this year because they seem a bit... cozy. 


So today began with chirping birds and my favorite summer meal.  As long as I can remember, my grandfather has been eating cottage cheese with fruit and nuts for lunch.  It's his usual.  And I always felt like that would not be enough food, but he assured me that if he ate anything else for lunch, he would get hungry before dinner, but that the fruit was just right. 

Last summer, I tried it.  Except with plain yogurt.  And do you know what?  He was right.  I wasn't hungry again until dinner.  I guess with 90 years of eating experience, Grandpa's got a few things figured out. 


Today will be filled with chores and errands and admiring my thread, grouped by color.  Throughout my childhood, this shadow box hung in our house, filled with German Christmas ornaments and small figurines.  I have long been wishing for a shadow box to hold my thread, so that I could see every color all at once.  So when I found this old friend in my mom's garage, I brought it right home and cleaned it up and put it on the wall behind my sewing table. 

Note to self: stop buying black thread.  You have plenty. 

Hope your weekend is grand!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover