Friday, June 10, 2011

kitchen inspiration

Today I'm linking up with Gussy of Gussy Sews as part of her Inspiration Workshop.  The workshop is such a cool idea and I love seeing what inspires other creative people. 

This week's theme is "kitchen", so I looked around my own kitchen today for some inspiration to share. 

Nothing inspires me quite like my beautiful vintage yellow KitchenAid mixer.  It was a housewarming gift from a bunch of people I love and has inspired the color scheme for the whole kitchen.  In fact, one day I dreamed aloud about having a trash can that would match the mixer and...

Can you believe it?!?  They are literally the exact same color.  I love it. 

Although I do have a lot of yellow in my kitchen, I also fancy other bright colors like red and pink and orange.  In the summertime, I like to line the window above the sink with pretty ceramics. 

The kitchen is one of my favorite rooms in our house.  This weekend, I plan to use it to make some coconut macaroons that I've been craving.  Hope your weekend is equally sweet!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover