Tuesday, September 07, 2010

weekend recap

I love long weekends. I would say that I wish every weekend could be a long weekend, but I guess then they wouldn't really be long anymore, they'd just be regular. But I could probably get used to that.

We made it to the farmer's market on Saturday morning for the first time in a long time. It was good to be back. We bought some honey walnut goat cheese from our favorite goat cheese man. We bought lots of fruits and veggies. We even got a chocolate croissant to share.



And I got a new rosemary plant. To date, I have probably killed four rosemary plants, but I've never had one this large and hearty looking, so I'm hoping it's a survivor. At any rate, I plan to use a bunch of it this week, just in case it doesn't survive very long.



We got out the pool for the last time this year and it was great. Sunny, but not too hot. We spent the whole afternoon in the yard and were both a little pink by the time we came inside.


On Sunday, we went to Star and Travis' house for a shrimp boil. The food was delicious and the company was delightful.


We made peach-melon sorbet earlier in the day and brought that along for dessert. I am totally smitten with the color of this sorbet. What a lovely rosy orange shade. And it tastes even better than it looks, if you can imagine.


I finished a sample bib last week and am planning to make one or two more to post in the shop this week. I have ordered some super cute oilcloth that should be arriving later today, along with other exciting things.

While I wait for the UPS truck (which is now a weekly activity), I will be working on some stuffed pumpkins that are so cute, you won't even believe it. I am serious. I am making a whole patch-full so that I can have some for the shop, but also enough to put all over the house. And there may even be a pumpkin giveaway in the works, in celebration of the beginning of fall. I'll keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover