Thursday, September 23, 2010

I do not exagerate

I'll bet you thought I was being dramatic. When I first told of my bad luck with rosemary, I'm sure there was at least one person out there who thought "it's not rocket science" or "I'm sure she would have to actually try to kill a plant that hearty looking."

No, pumpkin, no. I watered, I moved it around the yard for the optimal amounts of sun and shade. And this is what I find. The rosemary has completely given up. Just fallen over dead. It's unbelievable, really. I think Steve is a little amazed at my rosemary-killing skills. And we have both agreed that this will be the last one. Everyone has their gifts and I am mature enough to realize that mine do NOT include successfully growing this particular herb.



BUT, in happier yard news, I did find a few colored leaves yesterday, which just confirms my suspicion that fall IS coming, despite the 90 degree temperatures. It's kind of like Christmas in Whoville. You just can't stop it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover