Friday, October 25, 2013

fall in the mountains



So it's Friday, again, and I'm still trying to finish blogging about the previous weekend.... again.  It's been difficult to find time to write lately, mainly because my quiet morning hour has all but disappeared, naptime is filled with sewing, and if I have a spare moment that I think about sitting down to blog, I can usually visualize the dirtiest parts of the house staring me down like, "Seriously?!  That's what you're doing now?!?"

Anyway, it's 7:30 am and the little one is still asleep, so here we go- 


I love visiting my mom in the fall.  Fall is so beautiful in the mountains and her yard was full of mums and pumpkins and we played outside all afternoon and then slept warm under flannel sheets.  Her neighbors have lots of great toys and a willingness to share, so Arthur basically ran from one super fun thing to the next the whole time and cried when we had to go inside. 


I mean, seriously- this is what a good time looks like.  Most of the time while he was driving around, he had a very focused look on his face, but occasionally he'd break into a "this is the coolest thing I've ever done" grin.  


Now that we've lived here in the flat-lands for a bit too long, I almost always under pack when we go to the mountains in the fall.  This trip was no different and found me wearing every layer I'd brought, plus the gloves with the hole in the thumb that luckily happened to be in my vest pockets, plus Mom's shoes.  I should probably just store a parka and boots at her house and call it a day.  


We LOVED seeing everyone last weekend, but I also know we're going to LOVE being home for this one. Steve's got plans to work on the new patio, I'm hoping for some fall fun outside, and we're hosting a special birthday dinner on Sunday.  I feel like I've been slacking in the recipe-posting area lately, so soon I'll be sharing the amazing grits that we had for dinner last week.  

1 comment:

  1. What a wonderful weekend and incredible family you have. You bring so much joy to my house and love to my heart. You are truly a gift from God!
    Love you so much!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover