Thursday, May 26, 2011

May mantle


If you stopped to think about it, which you probably didn't, you may have wondered what the heck was going on with my mantle.  I mean, I promised to show pictures of each and every one, and the last thing you've seen is this.  Have I really been rocking the green mantle since March? 

No, pumpkin, no. 

I'll admit it- I did an Easter mantle with eggs and a bunny and Spanish moss and I barely even showed you.  It was only up for a few weeks and I wasn't that thrilled with it, if that makes you feel any better. 


But now I'm ready to be social again and show off my late spring/early summer mantle.  I'm a little biased, but I think it's a beauty. 


Theme: clear blue skies and bright pink flowers, new life, garden parties. 


Here's what's up there, from left to right:

blue glazed flower pot from TJ Maxx

pink flower bouquet from Black Lion

various pink candles, either from Pier One or ones that we made ourselves

glass canister with fake moss and bird's nest from The Beehive (a birthday gift from Steve)

blue glass bottles from who knows where with fern fronds from the front porch

tiny blue butterfly bud vase from Steger Creek (a birthday gift from Mom)

pink fabric corsage from Plumfield Shop (part of the new party kits!)

shell frame from World Market with blue paper and pressed hydrangea leaf

grapevine with leaves from Michaels

fabric bunting from Plumfield Shop (just a mini version of this)



I am super pleased with the bright colors and how clear and crisp and cheerful they look.  This mantle should last us into June, when I'll start wanting to decorate with seashells.  It's just not quite seashell time yet. 


I'm still working hard on the party kits and hoping to have a big unveiling soon.  Like next week.  You'd be surprised at how long it takes to make these things.  Or at least I'm surprised. 

In between sewing, I'm packing our bags for a celebratory weekend at one of our favorite places!  More on that tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover