Friday, May 13, 2011

looking back, looking ahead


I've been waiting to share some pictures of this fancy day bag I made a few weeks ago.  It was a gift, ordered by a considerate husband for his lucky wife.  I love being a part of gifts, even when they're not from me. 


But if I made it, it's a little bit from me, right? 


The day bag has been my most popular bag pattern, to date.  Not surprising, since I based the shape and size on one of my favorite (store-bought) bags. 


I love receiving pictures of the things I've made being used and loved!  What a reward, to see someone enjoying my work. 

In other news, it's Friday again.  I love Fridays.  Sometimes, the anticipation of the weekend is almost as much fun as the weekend itself. 

I'm wearing my new striped shorts and feeling like I should be at the beach. 


I'm prepping food for a big family celebration weekend.  We'll be celebrating my favorite brother, among other things.  Glancing at Steve's packing list this morning, I saw: "box cutter, badminton, cinnamon rolls, fabric scraps".  Clearly, this is going to be a great trip. 


Wishing you a weekend full of cinnamon rolls and badminton! (and box cutters, if you're into that)

1 comment:

  1. Just wanted to say I love the bag and thank you so much for making it. Adam did a great job coming up with the idea and picking out the pattern. He couldn't even wait to Mother's Day to give it to me. :o) I am already using it for various things. Oh and Caleb still loves the dinosaurs. :o)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover