Monday, May 23, 2011

glorious may

There's only one week left and I don't even know if I've told you that May is my favorite month.  Hands down.  No contest. 


It's my birth month.  It's my anniversary month.  There are so many things to celebrate and, even on the days there is no "official" celebration, the weather is so great and the flowers are so blue that it feels like a party anyway. 

We ate every meal outside this weekend.  Even breakfast.  Don't you think food just tastes better outside? 

We sampled grilled pineapple (and a million other delicious things) at Fresh Market and brought some home to grill for dinner. 


We went to a tiny street fair and farmer's market and then made other excuses to stroll around outside. 


Neither the blender nor the ice cream maker got put away all weekend.  They were both in constant use. 


The weekend was, in short, a full-throttle celebration of May and life in general. 

And now, as I type this, I can hear the birds outside and see the sun on the trees and I am calculating in my head just how many minutes I will have to spend inside today to get all the most necessary house chores done.  Because I will weed and water and make up outdoor chores all day long, just to get as much May as I can before it's gone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover