Wednesday, January 05, 2011

three trips to the post office, two watercolor pictures, and a drunken angel on the Christmas tree

This morning I am off to the post office again, for what will be my third trip over the past week. I always feel like, one of these times, the postal lady is going to ask me what I'm mailing. Do they train postal workers not to ask? How can she not be curious? It's a small post office, so it's the same lady every time. And she has to recognize me because, unfortunately, I am usually wearing some odd combination of disheveled hair, yoga pants, and boots, and I'm the only person in there under 60.

It must take a lot of willpower to be a postal worker. I don't think I would be able to do it.


Okay: watercolor night. Now, after reading about our rockin' new year's eve, I'm sure it won't come as a shock to anyone that we have some crazy fun around here. So the other night when we were looking for some trouble to get into, I suggested that we pull out my old watercolors. (Note: these are not fancy watercolors like "I used to be an artist", these are plastic box, Crayola, "I'm in preschool" watercolors. Just to be clear.)


I painted freehand shapes in a multitude of colors while Steve traced an elaborate damask design from the tablecloth and painted only in blue.

Then we hung our pictures on the fridge with magnets and giggled.


[Side note- look at all the sewing books that I got for Christmas. I can't wait to start making things from them. I'd ask people to stop ordering stuff so I could have more time, but that seems counterproductive to the business.]



I just had to share this picture. We took down the Christmas decorations last weekend and I happened to notice this group of angels on the coffee table waiting to be boxed up. I don't know what is going on with the middle angel, but both her lipstick and mascara appear to be smeared. The angel on her left is staring at her in blatant disbelief, while the angel on her right (probably her older sister) is looking away like "Oh dear, I can't believe Clarice has fallen off the wagon again..."


Does anyone else go a little crazy when the Christmas decorations come down?




1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh! I laughed and laughed at the last paragraph. Travis and my brother now think I'm crazy, but it was worth it.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover