Tuesday, January 04, 2011

sometimes I make things to sell and then really wish that I could keep them

Okay, this actually happens all the time. But I have been having an especially hard time letting go this week.

I received a request in December for a bulletin board. Not my usual and no sewing involved, but I have plenty of fabric and ribbons, so I decided to do it.


I think that the large print of this fabric is especially fetching when stretched over a large surface like this. And the way each flower is sort of framed by the ribbon sections? Amazing. I didn't even plan it. You just can't plan some things.


And then, as if the board needed to get any cuter, I went on a search for the perfect push pins to hold the ribbons together at the intersections. I found these at Paper Source and am completely smitten. I have had to restrain myself from sticking them into every surface in our house- walls, furniture, the kitchen cabinets... (I think that Steve really appreciates my restraint, however he hasn't come right out and thanked me yet. Maybe he doesn't know how hard it is.)


But alas, the bulletin board left home today, destined for its new home in the room of a little girl who, I've been told, loves to hang stuff on her walls. I hope they will be very happy together. Sniff.


This morning I made two more scarves for the shop because they are selling like hotcakes. Or scarfcakes. Whatever.
As luck would have it, I got to have coffee this afternoon with a beautiful scarf model and so I was saved from having to awkwardly take pictures of myself on the front porch. Bonus.

So it's been a busy week around the Plumfield Shop and I have a box of fabric that was delivered today that I haven't even opened yet. And some of the fabric is for a project that I fully intend to keep, so I don't have to go through all this parting angst. But I'll be happy to share pictures with the group.

I haven't forgotten my promise to post about watercolor night. I'll bet you haven't forgotten either- who could forget watercolor night?



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover