Wednesday, April 03, 2013

our Easter

We had a great visit with Steve's family over Easter weekend.  We also got to see some of my family, some old friends, and a very full chipmunk. 
 
The chipmunk was cracking everyone up.  It's how serious he manages to look that really gets me. 
 
 
Steve's mom cooked a big Easter dinner, complete with asparagus.  Easter always signals the beginning of asparagus season to me and I was so excited that she'd gotten some. 

This was one of the coldest Easters in my recent memory.  Remember how we used to play croquet on Easter?   This year found me wearing two long sleeve shirts, double socks, and a down vest.  Now I understand why Steve giggled at me when I asked if I should pack short sleeves. 

We took the scenic route again and, after a missed connection, it ended up being a bit more scenic than we'd bargained for.  By the time we got home, I was ready to give up on car trips for good and just fly everywhere.  And I don't even really like flying. 

Needless to say, I'm thrilled to be at home all day today.  I've got the crock pot and the oven going and am about to divide the laundry into manageable piles.  Here's to a productive day of housework!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover