Monday, April 15, 2013

bow ties make me want to have another wedding

It's wild around here, people.  Wild, I tell you. 
 
We had (another) big weekend.  I stitched bow ties until my fingers were sore on Friday night while we caught up on shows on Hulu.  Then I finished the ties on Saturday in the waiting room of Tire Kingdom.  I don't want to brag, but I'm pretty sure I'm the only person who has ever stitched bow ties in the waiting room of Tire Kingdom.  At least that's what I'm assuming based on the looks I was getting. 
 
Some of these ties, specifically the seersucker, (oh!  the seersucker!) make me wish I was planning our wedding again so that I could incorporate them.  I may have to settle for an anniversary party where I force the guests to wear bow ties.  I'll keep you posted. 

We finished painting the dresser and have let it come in the house for good.  I think I have enough milk paint left to do some small book shelves, so you know where to find me this week.  I am working on a full dresser write-up to share pictures, thoughts on working with milk paint, and other little details. 

I'm posting bow ties in the shop all day today and I can hardly believe we got all the pictures done.  Our photo shoot was a whirlwind of lamps and tripods and me pinning Steve's shirt in the back so it looked just right, just like he was a mannequin.  I'm crazy about these plaid bow ties because the colors of the plaid are quite different from one side to the other, making it basically two different ties.  I'd like to say that I planned it that way, but the truth is that it was strictly luck. 
 
Also lucky: finding a husband who is willing to pose in eight different bow ties on a Sunday afternoon.  What can I say?  I'm a lucky girl. 

1 comment:

  1. You are an incredibly lucky girl and I absolutely love the bow ties!!!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover