Wednesday, November 07, 2012

vintage inspiration

A few weeks ago when we were in Virginia, we had the chance to visit the Old Lucketts Store again.  What an inspiring place.  When we're there, I find myself wishing that I could move into a house next door and keep a constant eye on the merchandise to score the perfect deal! 

Since I've had leather on my mind lately, I had Steve snap pictures of some great bags we found in the store. 


Next on my list of skills to master: metal rivets. 

Although thrift stores make me want to compulsively wash my hands, they also remind me that a collection of mismatched objects looks way more cozy than a matching set.  I've been dreaming up some holiday vignettes for our house and can't wait to try some of them out. 

Speaking of holidays- who knew that Thanksgiving is two weeks away?  Certainly not me, until I checked the calendar this morning.  Between now and then, we've got a car full of house guests and a holiday open house to think about, so I'm putting all thoughts of Thanksgiving on the back burner until I mark a few more items off my list!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Sweetie,
    Where is that store located? I would love to go look through it sometime.
    Love you

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover