Monday, May 28, 2012

unexpected

July 2002

Steve and I met ten years ago this spring.  We were friends, part of a group, and although I thought he was terrific, I never expected to fall in love with him. 

August 2002
We went to the beach later that summer, again with lots of friends.  We held hands for the first time as we ran across Ocean Boulevard in a rain storm.  I never expected that I'd end up reaching for his hand for the rest of my life. 

April 2003
We spent lots of time together and I came to find out that Steve is the real deal.  He says the truth, all the time, and is totally comfortable being himself.  The more I knew about him, the more I wanted to know.  I never expected I'd get to know him better than anyone else. 

February 2004
By the time we actually started dating, I was all in.  I think we both were.  All my life, I thought that the proper "formula" was to date someone for several years before deciding if you wanted to marry them.  I never expected to be jumping-out-of-my-skin ready to accept a proposal after just one year of dating. 

April 2004 (yes, we are sleeping in pews- it's a long story)
I never expected to find someone I felt so at home with.  I never expected that I'd get so much time with just Steve, just us two.  I never expected that I'd be able to chase my dreams faster with someone to run by my side. 

July 2004
I never expected this much joy. 

We're leaving for the beach today to celebrate seven years of joy.  I've got a few posts scheduled for while we're gone and I'll be back to share pictures next week!  Hope you have a great one!

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover