Friday, October 29, 2010

heigh-ho, heigh-ho

Fall's here. I found proof today in these big golden and orange leaves against a bright blue sky. And I was even a bit chilly as I took this picture, so I know it's true.

I feel as though I have announced the arrival of fall at least four times over the past two months, but it is being quite tricky to figure out this year. Just when I am prepared to pull out the down comforter, fall sneaks away again and I am left sweaty and wondering why I packed all my shorts under the bed.


Also making it feel like fall in our house: first day of a new job. Not at all unlike the first day of school- I fixed a big breakfast so he wouldn't get too hungry before lunch, he spent some time picking just the right clothes to wear, and the ever-trusty green lunchbox stayed at home. I totally remember not wanting to carry anything extra on the first day- probably just in case I had to make a run for it, or needed my hands for some previously unknown-to-me task.

So I am left in a first day of school role that is unfamiliar to me- I wait at home and wonder what he's doing each hour and hope that he is finding a friend or two. I hope that he doesn't get lost, that he likes what they're serving for lunch, that he fits in in just the right way.


Thankfully, there is much to distract me here. I dodged the sprinklers this morning to get some more flower pictures. I just can't get enough. The surprise bloom of the week is this toad lily that we dug out of Steve's mom's yard last spring (with her blessing, of course) and planted in ours. We don't have a lot of spotted flowers around here, so it is pretty exciting.



If you have noticed that there are no new items being posted in the shop, it is because they are all in our guest room. An appropriate place, since I am hoping that they are really just "guests" here and will soon be living with someone else. I am almost out of time to sew for the craft fair next week, but I feel like I've gotten a lot done. Tuesday was especially satisfying- it started with these piles of fabric squares

and ended with piles of blocks.


Not all of the projects are quite that quick and I spent the better part of a week working on some bags. They are all fully reversible, which is the only way a bag should be, in my opinion.



Once the craft fair is over, anything that did not sell will end up in the shop. And, coming very soon, Christmas goods. Stockings, decorations, gifts, and more! November looks like it is going to be totally busy and I am totally excited.







No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover