Wednesday, October 20, 2010

where did I go and when am I coming back

Well how nice of you to ask.

Last week I must have been feeling like I had too much fabric and time on my hands, so I decided to do something to get rid of both. I signed up to participate in a craft fair on November 2nd and 3rd. Then I realized that I had to make enough things to fill a ten foot table, plus extras in case people actually buy stuff and I need to replenish the supply. Then I started sewing frantically and I haven't stopped.


That's not entirely true. While I did use the weekend to finish the hand sewing on six stuffed balls, it was so beautiful outside that I had to get out a little bit. So out we went, in search of a fall festival and some pumpkins.

We found a festival, although it wasn't quite as much fun as it looks. But it was nice to walk around and feel the crisp air and smell funnel cake cooking. There were no pumpkins though, which in my opinion makes it a pretty poor excuse for a fall festival. I mean, come on- no pumpkins? Who planned this thing and how long have they lived in America?

So we left the alleged "fall festival" and went to a pumpkin stand (not as good as a patch, but a step up from Lowe's) and got three pumpkins. Tomorrow I will post some pumpkin pictures. Be forewarned- there are lots of them. Pumpkins are a great picture subject. And they sit very still.


We wrapped up the weekend with a true celebration of fall- homemade pumpkin ice cream and snickerdoodles. The pictures don't do it justice.

And now I'm off to- you guessed it- start sewing some more. Today I am attempting to make two purses. Ambitious, but not impossible. I'll let you know how it goes.



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover