Monday, October 25, 2010

another beautiful weekend

And I am still bowled over by the amount of things blooming in the yard. You would think I'd never lived here in October before.

We spent a lot of time outside this weekend. Steve, doing purposeful things like aerating the lawn, spreading seed, setting up sprinklers. Me, mainly taking pictures and looking around and cheering Steve on.

We took a bike ride around the neighborhood on Sunday and stopped at three houses and left our bikes laying in the driveway while we went to the door. It felt very much like we were twelve.

Last night we went on a date that involved walking up the street to Mac's and sitting outside on picnic tables eating amazing barbeque, beans, hush puppies, and mac and cheese. There is something magical and exciting about walking to your destination and as we walked home, we talked about places we've lived previously that were good for walking. It's a real toss-up for us between wanting to be able to walk everywhere and living on a remote farm. I guess you can't really have both.

Today is gray and looks like rain and I am looking forward to getting back to sewing. I'm finishing two large purses today. This is my last week to sew for the craft fair, so I'm sure it will be a whirlwind of activity.


Before I get too immersed in the projects of the day though, I need to stop by the post office. If only I could walk there.



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover