Wednesday, March 06, 2013

zucchini noodles

Last night, we tried something completely different for dinner: zucchini noodles.  I used my new mandoline to slice the zucchini into super thin strips (like noodles, see?), but I was nervous the whole time because Steve told me that the mandoline is the second most dangerous kitchen utensil.  I don't remember what the first one is, but I don't think I own it. 

Thankfully, I managed to slice up six medium sized zucchini without incident (I peeled them first, FYI).  I heated a couple of tablespoons of olive oil in a big skillet and added some minced garlic once it was hot.

Then I threw in the zucchini, stirred it all around, and sprinkled on some onion powder.  I went light on the seasoning this time, but next time I think I would add more. 

We ate our zucchini noodles just like regular pasta- under lots of sauce and Parmesan cheese, with a salad on the side.  They were really tasty and I think this makes a great meal if you are trying to eat gluten free, or trying to fit more vegetables into your day. 
 
This morning, I shipped off my first bow tie and am making several more.  I'm also studying for the final exam in my small business growth class.  I have really enjoyed the course and think I'm going to sign up for another class this spring! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover