Friday, February 22, 2013

sneak peak: bow ties

This week, I made my very first bow tie.  It is reversible.  I had never ever thought of reversible bow ties until this week, when I saw one and my world bow tie views were rocked. 

The coolest thing about a reversible bow tie is that if you want- and only if you want- the middle of the knot can show up as the contrasting color.  Or you could just tie it regular and have the whole bow be one color.  With reversible, you've got options. 

Steve and I have both been practicing how to make a great bow.  We found an awesome, illustrated tutorial here, plus some helpful YouTube videos.  It is not nearly as difficult as I thought it would be. 
 
I've got a mile-long list of new products to try out over the next few weeks and you'd better believe that a big stack of bow ties in a rainbow of colors is at the top of the list.  Along with matching pocket squares, of course. 
 
Hope your weekend is bow tie-fancy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover