Monday, December 26, 2011

in this house, socks ARE the good gift

You know how people joke about getting socks for Christmas?  Like socks are a disappointing, boring gift? 

Not around here. 


Sliding into a soft pair of new socks is almost enough to make me forget how much I miss wearing sandals.  They're like a treat to encourage my cold feet to make it through the winter ahead. 

I especially love the details- orange stitching along the toe, a purple heel, maybe a ruffle at the top.  I am completely enamored with hidden details on clothing that will usually only be seen by the wearer.  It's like I'm wearing a fancy secret. 

This year, Steve outdid himself by getting me these socks.  Yes, that is a fox.  Fox on socks.  It's like I'm in a Dr. Seuss book. 

I received lots of thoughtful gifts this year, but there's just something about socks.  They're hard to beat. 

I hope your Christmas was full of good gifts!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover