Thursday, December 08, 2011

Christmas favorites

Well, we decorated the tree.  But just with the straw ornaments, which was what both of us secretly wanted but didn't want to suggest, lest the other person want more ornaments.  It was a happy moment last night when we realized that we both wanted the same thing.  Don't you love it when that happens?

I love seeing Christmas piles all over the house.  Piles of pillows, piles of gifts, piles of packages on the front porch when I get home. 

I read a great blog post the other day about favorite children's Christmas books and it inspired me to put together my own favorites list, in case anyone is looking for suggestions. 

Favorite Christmas Movies: Home Alone, Christmas Vacation, Christmas with the Kranks, Four Christmases, Elf

Favorite Children's Christmas Movies: Muppet Family Christmas, Christmas Eve on Sesame Street, Charlie Brown Christmas

Favorite Chistmas movies that aren't really Christmas movies: While you were Sleeping, Little Women, You've Got Mail

Favorite Christmas Books: Miracle on 10th Street by Madeleine L'Engle, Shepherds Abiding by Jan Karon, The Night Before Christmas by Clement Moore

Favorite Christmas Songs: In the Bleak Midwinter, O Holy Night, Baby it's Cold Outside (which is really more of a winter song and can be enjoyed long into the new year) (As a fun side note: my roommate and I used to sing this to each other before one of us left the house in the winter.  I always sang the man's part.  My favorite line is when he says "waves upon a tropical shore", like that's an answer to her worries.)

 Favorite Christmas Colors: red and green.  You can alter the shades of red and green a bit, but I am not a "let's decorate with pink and blue to be modern" kind of girl.  Don't mess with a good thing.

Favorite Christmas Traditions: my favorite Christmas tradition used to be the three naps I would take on Christmas day, but somehow I can no longer squeeze in all three naps.  So now I would say that it's probably making peanut butter balls with Steve.  

 Favorite Christmas foods: I have very specific thing I like to eat for Christmas.  Appetizer dinner on Christmas Eve, special coffee cake Christmas morning, sausage and cheese for lunch, steak and twice baked potatoes for dinner.  In my family, you eat steak on Christmas.  I mean, we just had turkey last month!

This weekend we're going to do another one of my favorite Christmas things, which is have our annual December visit with the Winters.  I'm so excited! 

Hope you get to do some of your favorite things this weekend!

1 comment:

  1. I'm SO GLAD someone else knows about the Muppet Family Christmas! I actually scoured the internet a few years ago to find it on DVD because they no longer show it on TV. It's just not Christmas unless someone hits the icy patch at Fozzy's mom's house.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover