Friday, November 11, 2011

away we go

Despite my best intentions, I was unable to get pictures of all the projects I've been working on this week.  Possibly because I never wanted to stop working long enough to get the camera out. 

We're seeing fall out the windows here today and I love it.  We woke up before the alarm went off and are brewing up hot drinks and packing our bags for a little weekend adventure. 

Speaking of hot drinks- I think it is important that I give you an honest report on the Hot Cider Nog that we made last weekend: I thought it was a little gross.  I had a three sip limit on this beverage because it was just so thick.  After we made it and I poured most of mine out, I remembered that I don't actually like Egg Nog and that the "Nog" in the title probably should have tipped me off.

Live and learn.  We heated up some straight apple cider to cleanse our palates and it was mighty tasty. 

It seems that all the days between last weekend's Cider Nog and today are just a blur of needles and thread and meetings and paperwork, but upon looking at our pictures for the week, I did see this one of Steve conducting our annual neighborhood homeowners meeting. 

Did you know that Steve is the president of our HOA?  He did such a professional job with the meeting this year.  I'm always so proud to be associated with him. 

We also spotted our first ever deer in the yard this week!  I think that deer are especially beautiful animals.  This one was a six point buck, probably on his way to breakfast somewhere. 

Want to see something else beautiful?  This video that I found on one of my favorite blogs left me speechless. 

I'm off now to finish packing!  Have a happy weekend!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the honesty. I happen to love egg nog and hate cider. I'm excited about your trip and can't wait to hear about it. I have LOTS to tell you so we'll have to plan a friend date. See when you can pencil me in. Maybe I can help with sewing or tasting recipes?

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover