Thursday, November 04, 2010

the usual

The craft fair is behind me. Here is a picture of my table. All the pictures I took turned out pretty poorly, so this one is courtesy of Shana, a fellow vendor. Shana is a consultant for thirty-one gifts and was selling all sorts of handy bags and totes.

It is nice to have the fair over and the house back in order. The next big goal is to take pictures of all the items I made for the fair that didn't sell so I can post them in the shop next week.

But there was no picture-taking today. It has been rainy and gray and fairly chilly. I'm wearing layers, and not just because it's cute. So I'm sure you could probably guess what I ended up doing this afternoon, once the errands were run.

The usual. I'm always a little jealous of people on TV and in movies who go into a place and order "the usual". It seems so cool and a little mysterious to have a "usual" and people who know about it.


Then today it hit me. I have a usual. If it is rainy or chilly, I make soup and bread. At least once a week. As often as I can get away with it.


Tonight's menu is corn chowder and biscuits. And when Steve gets home and asks what we're having for dinner, I'll probably just say "the usual".




No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover