Tuesday, November 30, 2010

thankful, part two

"Suppose for a moment that God began taking from us the many things for which we have failed to give thanks. Which of our limbs and faculties would be left? Would I still have my hands and my mind? And what about loved ones? If God were to take from me all those persons and things for which I have not given thanks, who or what would be left of me?"

Who or what would be left of me, indeed.

It is easy to get caught up in the details of life and not notice the blessings. It is easy to wish for things you don't have. And it's easy to take for granted the things that you do. So, without wasting another moment, I am giving thanks:



for my brother, and his mad guitar skills,

for my husband, and his ability to shine at Rock Band even when his drumsticks are two whisks, swiped from the kitchen,


for every last person in this hilarious family portrait as we rocked away the afternoon on Thanksgiving day,


and for this one, who watched us quietly from the corner and took pictures of the action,



for a long family walk on a beautiful day that included a visit with two llamas. That's right, two llamas.




My cup runneth over.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover