Friday, January 11, 2013

the thing about january

So here's the thing about January: it's the month where you have to look harder for beauty.  It's not full of flowers, or changing leaves, or decorations of any sort.  January, on the surface, is bare branches and dry skin and gray skies.  It's the month that I'm least likely to pick up the camera, the month that I'm most likely to despair about my hair. 
 
But if I turn on every lamp in the house (and don't bother noticing what the static electricity has done to my hair), I can see it-
 
A lovely striped wool blanket;  
 
A bowl of bright oranges;
 
 
A flannel throw pillow, just right for leaning on.  
 
So today, one-third of the way through the month, I'm declaring victory.  I'm resolving to drink more hot beverages and read under a blanket and bundle up for crisp night walks with Steve.  I'll try to remember how awful it is to spend hours ironing fabric in the summertime and how much I dislike shorts.  And, while I'm never one to wish time away, I bet February will be here before I know it. 
 
 
This morning I'm shipping out orders and listing new items and enjoying my brother's company (once he wakes up).  We have lots of fun plans for the weekend- hope you do too!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover