Thursday, March 01, 2012

spring collection preview

Over the past six weeks, I've been hard at work on ideas for my spring collection.  This is a huge deal for me because I am hopelessly impatient when it comes to projects.  I just like to get started.  I plan as I go.  I learn from my (sometimes many) mistakes. 


But this collection is going to be unlike anything I've ever tried before.  And, although I do desperately want to get started, I am also enjoying the prep work a lot more than usual. 


One of the fun things about the prep work is all the sketching I get to do.  Drawing cool shapes with a pencil hardly feels like work at all. 

Once we are both happy with a sketch, it gets scanned into my embroidery software and I do lots more editing with a mouse, instead of a pencil.  I greatly prefer the pencil. 

All of the editing can be tedious, but it's totally worth it for the satisfaction I get when something finally turns out exactly how I pictured it in my head. 

Steve and I discussed the irony of turning a sketch into a digital image, just to turn it back into a sketch with a different medium.  It sure does seem like there should be an easier way. 

I am just a day or two away from the end of the preparation phase and the beginning of the execution phase and I can't wait to get started!  More sneak previews coming soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover