Wednesday, August 17, 2011

please forgive me, but I have to show you Ursula's house


I may have promised that I was done showing pictures of our Maine trip.  But Ursula lives in a little white house with a red door in the middle of a field of flowers.  How could I not show pictures?

Ursula is Nana's friend and they are absolutely precious together.  They talk a mile a minute and both have German accents, so just take a minute to imagine that. 

Ursula's husband, Wolfgang, gave us a guided tour of both the flower and vegetable gardens. 

It was sort of a progressive meal.  Wolfgang would pick berries and tomatos and sugar snap peas and pass them out to us.  "Eat!  Eat!"

You don't have to ask me twice. 

Even though the road was right behind those trees, it was easy to feel like we were in another world.  All you could see were flowers.

And the big sky. 


After the garden tour, we sat in the shade and talked about everything from farming to World War II.  We ate cheese and cherries and watched hummingbirds zip around the yard.  The hummingbirds are bigger up there.  It's probably the altitude. 


Ursula and Wolfgang's house is charming.  I may want to be them when I grow up. 

This week I am enjoying some time at my own fairly charming house, doing a little of this and a little of that.  The "this" is mainly cleaning and the "that" is mainly sewing.  I have a few new shop projects in the works that I'll share later in the week.  I also have some very exciting fabric arriving soon that I'm just busting to get my hands on.  I'll probably start taking pictures of it before I even make anything, so there's that to look forward to as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover