Wednesday, August 10, 2011

home again, home again, jiggety-jig


Yesterday we red white and blued ourselves back down south. 

It's good to be home. 


It was a little strange to wake up and not see this charming scene from our bedroom window today.  We stayed right in the heart of downtown, complete with a war monument and antique stores. 


If you ask me, the best part about staying at a bed and breakfast has to be the breakfast.  I mean, you can get a bed almost anywhere.  


We ate each morning on the big front porch and watched the cars go by and talked about the day.  Sometimes it was rainy and sometimes it was sunny.


The food tasted great either way.  They served something different every morning, but there was always fresh fruit so we felt right at home. 


Sometimes Sarah joined us for breakfast, but I don't think we were messy enough for her liking.  She usually just got bored and napped. 


All in all, I think we spent more time on the porch than in our room.  We didn't want to miss any of the 75 degree air.  One morning it rained and we sat on a love seat and read magazines, which was only exactly what I wanted to do while in Maine. 


And as great as our time at the bed and breakfast was, I'm not even sure if it was my favorite part of the trip.  There was also downtown and the lake and Nana's house. 

Would you be totally bored if I spent the rest of the week sharing trip pictures? 

If so, could you just come back on Monday when I promise I will find something else to talk about?

If not, I'll see you tomorrow.  Same time, same station.   Over and out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover