Monday, August 29, 2011

the frolf days of summer

Usually, when the boys come to town, they go off and do their boy things and we meet back up for meals at our place. 

This time, we tagged along for some of the frolfing fun. 

It has to be said- they've got some pretty sweet moves. 

Frisbee is not really my thing, so I was the team photographer.  Steve played right along with them and did not even mind that he came up at least 20 over par at each course.  He didn't lose a single disk. 

I haven't spent much time on Frisbee golf courses, so it was fun to see what a few of them were like.  I think I was unprepared for the amount of walking Frisbee golf involves.  As Corbin says, "it's like hiking, with discs." 

It was hot, but not unbearable.  And there was plenty of shade available. 

There was also plenty of tall grass and brush to walk through and I will consider the weekend a total victory if I don't end up with poison ivy. 

How many of you remember the Ivy of '03? 

It wasn't pretty. 

Steve and I were so exhausted after a weekend of trying to keep up with the college crowd.  I am still trying to decide if that makes us old. 

It was worth the exhaustion to spend some quality time with this guy before he heads off on his next big adventure. 

I could start reciting from "Oh, the Places You'll Go!", but I'll refrain. 

Today, I find myself on clean-up duty at the old homestead.  After the boys left yesterday, Steve and I surveyed the house and made the joint decision to go out to dinner and head to bed early.  We assumed the mess wouldn't go anywhere and- what do you know?- it was still here to greet me this morning, just as I suspected it would be. 

I love: the sound of the washer and dryer humming in the background while I clean other things.  It's like I'm getting double work done!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover