Wednesday, February 02, 2011

don't taunt me, February

The sixty degree temperatures and flowers blooming in the garage (under lights, of course) have my heart all aflutter for spring.  Oh February, you are a cruel month.  I am sure that just as soon as I start to feel confident about putting away my warmest sweaters, winter will be back with a vengeance. 

The birthday girl is gone and I hope she was able to take some of this nice weather with her, back to the frozen tundra that she calls home.  Also known as Virginia. 


Today is a day of regrouping and restocking.  After a sweet drink with a sweet friend, I am getting down to work.  I'm gearing up for the rest of the week ahead and getting back into business mode after several nice days of sister mode. 


The shop is getting a little bare, so I am working on a fabric order today as well.  I am almost sold out of the first round of cotton scarves that I made and am SO excited to be making some more in new patterns! 


In my opinion, one of the loveliest things about cotton voile is that it is light and airy and breathable, making it the perfect material for spring scarves!  I have had lots of fun today perusing the available prints to find ones that shout "SPRING!"


I'm still not quite certain which ones are my favorites, so I thought I'd post some of the front runners and see if anyone else would like to weigh in.  Or if you don't see one that you particularly like, maybe you could just tell me what color scheme you think would be great. 


Personally, I am drawn to pinks, purples, and yellows for spring, but I am also loving that gray and tan neutral and thinking how elegant it would look with white linen pants and a bright colored shirt. 

So let me know what you think.  And I'll let you know what I get.  And then we'll all meet back here to oohh and aaahhh over the finished products. 

Now I'm off to enjoy the weather, while it lasts. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover