Thursday, February 17, 2011

happy anniversary

Did you know that today is my first blog anniversary?  Pretty exciting. 

Now, to be fair, I wrote my first post on February 17, 2010, and then wrote a total of 4 more posts over the next 5 months.  It was a slow start.  I was still getting my blog legs (like sea legs, you know?). 

But today is the anniversary nonetheless, and to celebrate, I thought I'd show some pictures of what was going on one year ago.

I had just finished this cool bag from Anna Maria Horner's book 'Seams to Me'.  It was especially satisfying to make because it is constructed entirely from scraps.  Spending zero dollars and ending up with a cool purse = happiness.  Also the braided straps were really fun to make and took me back to the days of hemp necklace making at camp. 


After watching Julie and Julia, I was inspired to hang all my pots and pans on the wall in our pantry.  I described my vision and Steve made it happen in one afternoon.  He's a keeper. 

I am almost positive I had finished this quilt before February, but it was in our February pictures, so maybe that was just when I got around to photographing it. 
Ah, the quilt.  I love it more than I've ever loved a blanket, ever.  And that may not sound like a huge compliment, but I have actually loved some other blankets quite deeply.  My favorite as a child was "the blue blanket" that my great grandmother Maggie had made.  I was only allowed to get it out once the temperature dipped below freezing and I can remember running to the thermometer in the fall, desperately hoping for 31 degrees. 
This is the first and only quilt I have ever made.  I had just finished piecing the top when I got sick, so I had plenty of time to sit on the sofa and finish it by hand.  And now when I look at it, I get a little extra thankful for my health and that I am not stuck on the sofa. 

Last night we spread the quilt on the floor in front of the fire and played Bananagrams.  We're a little obsessed. 

The past year has brought so many exciting changes to this blog, my shop, and our lives in general.  I can't wait to see what next year's recap looks like! 

Tomorrow I'll be sharing a peek at a quick and easy (and cheap) art project.  See you then!

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover