Thursday, August 26, 2010

old friends

I had to get some pictures of the diaper bag today before I deliver it to its owner this weekend! The lovely Star was kind enough to model for me so that I could get some "in use" shots. I am also posting this diaper bag in the shop today, so check there for more pictures if you're interested. I bought enough fabric to make two of them and I'm so glad I did because I think it turned out great! Amy Butler's Sandalwood print is so elegant and I love the idea of an elegant diaper bag. Because moms should take every opportunity they have to be elegant, yes?


This is another set that I dropped off today and I was sad to see it go. Most of the fabric is from Amy Butler's Midwest Modern collection, but some is from my own fabric stash and I have no idea who designed it. I love the challenge of matching unrelated fabrics.


The set below was a joy to make because it is for the yet-to-be-born baby of some of our college friends. I love this Michael Miller dinosaur fabric they picked and think it is so fun and untraditional. I found this gorgeous blue for the backing and bought extra because I can envision lots of things that would look great with that color.








This blanket is all by itself right now, but I am working on some more items to match it. As much as I love the animal print on the front, I think that the striped bias tape is my favorite part. But I'm sure that's not surprising to anyone who read my ode to bias tape the other day.


I'll admit I was a little sad to send all these pretty things out of the house today. It's a bit like saying goodbye to friends. Now all I have left are the pictures and the memories. Sigh.

But life goes on. And now I can start making some new friends.




No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover