Thursday, February 12, 2015

a big year

Oh!  Hello, there.  Just stopping in to see if someone else is magically updating my blog....

No?  Hmmm... I guess I'd better get back to it then.

We're only six weeks into the year, yet somehow it feels like six months.  We've traveled to Virginia and Georgia.  We've had a couple rounds of house guests.  Arthur has learned to write his name.  I've made what feels like 100 bow ties (it may actually be 100 bow ties- I just don't have time to count them all).

There are entire years when it seems like nothing notable happens.  I vaguely remember those years, but we sure haven't had one in a while and I don't think there's any way 2015 will fall into that category.  It's going to be a big year.  


Some things I'm excited about in February-


Valentine's Day is this weekend!  If you're a regular around here, you know that I love Valentine's Day.  We've got big plans for a morning coffee date and our usual family dinner by the fireplace. In a burst of precious-ness, Arthur asked me to sew a heart onto his red shirt for his class party today. I know- just when I think I can't love that kid any more, he goes and requests a heart shirt.


I'm showing off my new spring bow ties in the Vintage Charlotte Wedding show on the 23rd!  The newest ties are all listed in the shop and I'll continue to post pictures of them here on the blog as well. 


Also- Downton Abbey.  What a treat to have something fun to watch every cold Sunday night, cuddled up with Steve under our red plaid blanket.  


It has felt especially cold here this week and I've been craving super hot food.  If you're looking for something tasty to whip up for your Valentine, may I suggest Creamy Tomato Chicken Chowder or Cranberry Pot Roast over Cheesy Grits?   These are two of our absolute favorite winter meals and I'm trying to squeeze them both in again before spring!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover