Thursday, January 26, 2012

no place like home

Our mantle right now is filled up with silver and red and white lights.  It looks celebratory, like we're gearing up for some holiday.  Maybe Valentine's day or Presidents day or just coming home to a cozy house at the end of the day.  That's kind of like a holiday too. 

I have a couple of lovely red glass pieces that I've received as gifts that I was excited to pull out.  All of the silver candlesticks and bowls were purchased last January.  And the lights- well, you know- they're just hard to put away.  I think that white lights are in order for any months during which it gets dark before 6pm. 

I enjoy this season of the year, when the house looks rather bare.  It's an opportunity for me to think up new furniture arrangements or to see the beginnings of a new color scheme.  I do my best household thinking in the winter. 

Last winter, I moved my sewing station all the way upstairs, only to move it down again a few months later.  This winter, what do you think I've been dreaming about?  Moving everything back upstairs, of course.  It's a good thing Steve is a patient man.  I certainly can't move all that furniture by myself. 


Today I am happy to be home, making soup.  It's potato leek and we're all properly excited. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover