Tuesday, January 24, 2012

class is in session

I taught my first sewing class this morning.  It was even more fun than I thought it would be. 

Yesterday, I was so excited to get started that I made pin cushions for each of my students. 

Today, my dining room filled up with intelligent, funny, creative women and we spent most of the morning doing one of my favorite things.  It was so, so great. 

I love to teach and, more than that, I love to share things with others that bring me joy.  Hobbies, skills, information, food- I just like to share.  I think I probably made a really great preschooler. 

We talked about sewing terms and learned how to wind a bobbin and thread the machine and my favorite part was when someone would comment, "I can't believe I'm actually sewing!". 

Watching others learn inspires me to learn. 

The sun is out today (finally) and I am ready to be outside a bit after all the rain we've had.  I'm also almost ready to show you the mantle- I can't believe that January is almost over!  This is a wintry mantle though, that will keep on going through February.  I've been tweaking it a lot, but I think it's almost done, so I'll plan to show pictures later this week.  







No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover