Tuesday, March 03, 2015

winter things



I'm checking winter things off my list and feel perfectly ready for spring to begin any day now.  We ate Valentine's day dinner by the fire.  We've salted the driveway, made a mini snowman, and warmed up with hot cocoa.


We've played Scrabble.  You know it's winter if we're playing Scrabble.


And then there's the clothing situation.  Arthur's pants are all getting to be too short and his winter shoes are barely hanging in there, but we're certainly not replacing any of that now.  

I don't like to rush through anything, but the last few weeks of a season always seem extra long. However, I'd like to share one of the true joys of my winter season, a little thing that has made a huge difference.  


It's these socks.  No, I'm not joking.  

It is so difficult for me to find socks that I like.  The top is too tight, the toe seam bothers me, perhaps they feel itchy or rough.  I truly dislike wearing socks.  

But I also have feet that are constantly cold, so, in the winter, I must wear the socks.  Now, it's a long story about how I came to own one pair of these Jonathan Adler socks at full price, but I loved them so much that I was wearing them as often as they were clean, about 3 times a week.  And then I found them on sale!  And bought 4 more pairs!  Every day, the perfect sock!  

I feel like this is weird, so I'm going to stop raving about socks now, but seriously.  You may want some.  


In other news, Arthur was wearing his hood last week and I thought he looked exactly like Casper the Friendly Ghost.  


Uncanny, right? 

Happy March, friends.  I'm sure spring is right around the corner.  


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover