Monday, August 26, 2013

eat outside

 Happy Monday, friends!  Did you have a good weekend?  

We sure did.  The weather couldn't have been better, which is not something that is often said about weather in the south, in August.  We had a lovely picnic with our friends, Aaron and Becky, on Saturday, grilled lunch out on Sunday, and worked and played outside between meals.  We even ate snack in our lounge chairs.  


Arthur's phrase for the weekend?  "Eat outside!"  He loved it.  

 It would be difficult to describe to you just how much fun this kid is, unless you lived with him.  He's creative and smart and funny and even when he wakes up eight times in one night we're still totally crazy about him.  


I put off my plans for scarf photo shoots in favor of more time for fun, but this week we are going to have to get down to business.  Luckily, my college roommate, who also happens to be an amazing photographer, is coming for a visit tomorrow.  I haven't told her yet that she'll be working while she's here.  


Sunday was a lazy day (see "up eight times in one night" above) where we attempted to make plans and then scrapped every single one of them.  It was for the best.  We lounged and relaxed and worked in the yard and cooked dinner together.  


Of course, it was sushi.  Obviously.


We gave Arthur a new food cutting set and he Iron Chef-ed it at the counter with me and it was lots of fun.  

Today, I'm feeling optimistic about the week ahead.  I've got a big to-do list, but I also have five whole days in front of me to get it all done!

1 comment:

  1. Oh, how precious is my grandson! I just marvel at how lucky and blessed I am.
    I hope your poor thumb is feeling better.
    Sounds like your weekend was a blast!
    Love you

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover