Thursday, February 02, 2012

don't drive angry

I know I've mentioned it before, but we LOVE Groundhog Day.  Both the movie and the day, but I think we mainly love the day because we get to watch the movie.  Way to go, Bill Murray- way to make February fun. 

We've been planning our little Groundhog day celebration for about a week now, and it has expanded to include not only movie watching, but Chinese take-out and Valentine making.  The trifecta of a perfect winter evening.

Last year, I wrote a few posts with fun ideas for Valentine's day.  You can find them here and here, if you're looking for ideas.   Steve and I love making cards and always make them for each other, but this year I think we're going to make a few for some other people that we love too.  I'm gathering the card-making supplies today and setting them out so that we'll be ready to start when Steve gets home. 

In case you haven't heard yet, Phil saw his shadow this morning, which means six more weeks of winter.  Normally, I complain a bit when Phil sees his shadow, but as this "winter" has been characterized by daily temperatures in the 50s and 60s, I'm a little relieved.  If Phil had predicted an early spring, we'd probably be running the air conditioner by President's day. 

Along with preparing for our evening of fun, I'm also getting the house ready for guests this weekend and finishing up our taxes.  I actually really like doing taxes- probably left over from my grade school love of worksheets.  Whatever the reason, I am thankful to enjoy something that is generally considered to be a chore. 

Now if only I could figure out how to feel that way about vacuuming...

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover