Monday, May 05, 2014

summer products

 Hello and Happy May!  If you've been hanging around this blog for a while, you might remember that this is my favorite month.  Interestingly enough, the fact that it is my favorite month is only in small part due to the cards and gifts I will receive for several important holidays and mainly a result of the perfect weather.  Well, the weather, and the fact that this is usually the point where I finally stop shocking myself on every light switch in the house.  

 I realized that I hadn't shared any product photos recently and we had a quick photo shoot yesterday, so I thought I'd keep you up to date on some shop news and happenings.  I've added four new "summer" ties to the shop and have plans for at least three more.  My spring and summer ties are fairly interchangeable, but the summer ones tend to be a bit lighter in weight and color.  I added a coral seersucker tie, after having about eight people ask me for one.  Coral is so hot right now!  For good reason too- it's nice and warm and cheerful, close to pink without being annoying.  You know how some pinks can be annoying?  Is that just me? 


Steve has been wearing a bow tie to work every Friday for the past month or so and I love it.  It's fun to see which ones he chooses and also to hear the conversations he has with his coworkers about them.  I always imagine that we either sound really interesting or really crazy- a wife that stays home with a three year old, making bow ties?!?  What a unique life!  


I've been busy with wedding orders and gift orders and just general orders this spring.  Once (if) I get caught up, there are lots of new products I want to try out to prepare for later this year.  One of the best things about my job is that there is always something new to look forward to.  


These new pocket squares were inspired by a recent article in GQ and no, I don't read GQ, but it almost seems like I should.  I'm on the hunt for a certain jacket for Steve that will photograph well with all these blues, as well as a few new shirts for tie photos.  It is funny to shop for clothes with product photos in mind, but we've actually gotten some great things that way.  

Inspired by Cinco do Mayo, I'm making Mexican food all week.  Today I made a black bean salad, onion slaw, and pickled red onions to go with our shrimp tacos.  Later this week- more taco fillings, enchiladas, taco salad.  I'm trying out a new method to see if dinner prep is easier when all of the meals have a common theme- I'll keep you posted!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover