Tuesday, February 11, 2014

snow day


It's been snowing for most of the day and I couldn't be more thrilled!  Arthur and I ran some early morning errands today before it started coming down, but were home and cozy by 10 am, ready to spend the day baking cornbread and watching train movies.  It's easy to love snow, living in the south, where it never sticks around long enough to be a bother.  


We're also gearing up for Valentine's day, which I love.  The back door is decorated with hearts and we filled the mantle with red and white.  Our plans include a romantic family dinner by the fireplace and I can't wait to see Arthur's face when he realizes we're eating in the family room.  It's the little things, right? 


There are days in mid-January that I think the month will never end, but February always seems to fly right by.  Case in point: I ordered another sewing machine at the beginning of the month and still haven't tried it out yet!  It's a backup for my main machine and will also be used for leather and waxed canvas and heavier stuff. I'm feeling productive today, so maybe I can get it set up and finish up a few projects!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover